||21 Dane Road
||Private Bag X54
||011 655 5539
||011 665 5544
Our renal dialysis facility
The modern five point renal dialysis unit at Life Carstenhof Hospital is equipped
with state of the art equipment which incorporates the latest technological advancements
in renal treatment.
Our unit offers the following:
- A pleasant and tranquil environment where patients can relax while receiving treatment.
- After hours and weekend treatment sessions by arrangement.
- Telephonic support for our patients.
- Close proximity to specialist units.
- Resident nephrologist’s office is based in the unit.
- Access to a sessional vascular surgeon if needed.
We also provide dietetically correct meals and refreshments to suit our patients’ needs.
Our renal dialysis services
Our highly skilled and experienced multi-disciplinary team comprises a nephrologist,
who is based at the hospital and heads up the team, as well as nursing staff and
a renal technologist.
We offer the following:
- Acute dialysis
- Chronic dialysis
- Continuous veno venous haemodialysis (CVVHD)
- Close liaison with the organ donor unit
- Counselling service by psychologists
- Dietetic service
- Pathology services
- Radiology services
- Social work services
|Renal Unit Manager
|Dr M Mahlangu
||011 655 5532