We fulfill our purpose, our vision and our mission across South Africa and Botswana.
Our 49 acute hospitals are found in the Eastern Cape, Free State, Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Mpumalanga, North West, Western Cape and Botswana.
Life Healthcare in numbers
- 9 136 registered beds
- 41 emergency units
- 38 maternity units
- 13 cardiac units
- Seven dedicated acute rehabilitation units at Life Rehabilitation
- Nine dedicated acute mental health facilities at Life Mental Health
- 26 renal dialysis units offering 329 renal stations at Life Renal Dialysis
- Three Novalis Tx/Varian Trubeam radiotherapy units through Life Oncology
- Life Employee Health Solutions (EHS) supports 391 clinics and cares for 593 671 employees.
- Life Esidimeni is a fully owned subsidiary of the Life Healthcare Group with 10 facilities (2 934 beds). Two of these facilities are NGOs in partnership with the Department of Social Development.
- Life College of Learning has seven learning centres across South Africa, in the Eastern Cape, Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal and Western Cape. One thousand students are trained in nursing and healthcare sciences every year.
Our international business is made up of the Group’s investment in:
- Alliance Medical, one of Western Europe’s leading providers of complex molecular and diagnostic imaging services across the United Kingdom, Italy and Ireland, with participation in ten geographies.