We are always looking for opportunities to develop new facilities, new lines of business and clinical products that will better serve our patients: that is what our business development team is passionate about.
We focus on the following key areas:
- Formulating business strategic focus areas in conjunction with various stakeholders within the organisation, underpinned by our 4 strategic pillars, namely growth, efficiency, quality and sustainability.
- Supporting line management in delivering on individual business unit growth strategies.
- Target, evaluate, prioritise and implement suitable greenfield, brownfield and acquisition opportunities.
Did you know?
One of the services we have been most excited to bring to Life Healthcare patients is the latest Novalis Tx/Varian Trubeam delivery system. This radiation oncology treatment has stereotactic capabilities that are far more advanced than the normal radiation offered in most oncology units.
It is available at Life Eugene Marais Hospital in Gauteng, Life Hilton Private Hospital in KwaZulu-Natal and Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital in the Western Cape.
Download FAQs about Novalis Tx/Varian Trubeam radiosurgery
Life was the first group to expand into complementary services such as mental health, rehabilitation and oncology.
Interaction with other stakeholders
- We interact extensively with both national and provincial government departments in applying for both new hospital licences and expanding existing facilities.
- We also partner with existing licence holders in developing hospitals where the business case makes sense.
- We work with property developers in identifying suitable land that meets all council approvals for hospital developments.
- We work with our regional structures in recruiting specialists for our new hospital developments.